Teaching the 'Art of Emceeing' the Write way

Everything gone be alright....
Each week I have the honor of teaching an "Art of Emceeing" creative writing class at a youth/family facility called Project Ujimma.  
The life lessons & self discovery learned through writing is a most powerful gift that never stops giving...
This is something that our youth can access through their natural interest in music, poet, art & HipHop. The children are the future. Aaaand they think super-fast..... Together we share solutions and simple honesty about life. In this particular weekly session I'm working w/ youngsters who are either violent offenders or the victims.   They tell me their truths , teaching me....
 
We have real fun but serious intellectual exchange and creative brainstorms.
Soon I will help them develop music/material to be recorded at True Skool and then possibly be presented or performed at Milwaukee's Summer of Peace which is 7/29/11  !!! Stay Tuned IN!

Comments